Venable has wide-ranging experience representing government contractors suspected of procurement fraud. Our attorneys have handled both internal corporate investigations and investigations conducted by the Department of Justice and agency Inspectors General involving allegations of criminal False Claims Act and Procurement Integrity Act violations, source selection information misuse, bid-rigging, data misappropriation, bribery, kickbacks, and false statements. In addition, we assist contractors with voluntary disclosures when necessary; help contractors navigate potential parallel proceedings that can have serious, adverse business consequences, including suspension and debarment; and develop programs and policies to ensure compliance with procurement laws.
- Successfully defended a construction contractor under parallel criminal and civil investigations for purportedly violating False Claims Act by submitting inflated invoices to Air Force.
- Achieved favorable result for a services contractor suspended temporarily and investigated criminally for utilizing source selection information in Air Force solicitation in violation of Procurement Integrity Act.
- Resolved without penalty allegations that a technology company executives provided gifts to government officials during performance of Small Business Administration contract.
- Successfully defended a large defense contractor in procurement fraud investigation conducted by the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction and the Justice Department.
- Persuaded Maryland Attorney General’s Office to take no action against an individual investigated for bid-rigging and bribery scheme directed at state procurement official.
- Represented, through guilty plea and sentencing, a CFO of a security services contractor accused of fraudulently establishing small business to bid on set-aside contracts.
- Conducted internal investigations on behalf of various services contractors involving false claims, theft, data misappropriation and misuse of source selection information.
- Favorably resolved false claims act allegations against a food service provider to the Department of Defense.
- Conducted internal investigation of a research and development contractor with the Department of Defense.